ABOUT THE ACADEMY
HEALTH & SAFETY
The health and well-being of our families and staff is our highest priority. In the interest of our students, families and staff, we are taking the following precautionary measures for the 20-21 school year:
- Daily Admittance Health Screenings and Temperature Checks for all Students & Staff
- Small Classes
- Health/Safety Features & Procedures for Every Classroom
- Daily Cleaning & Sanitization of the building/surfaces/equipment/classrooms
- Drive-Thru Drop-Off & Pick-Up (The school will only be open to students and staff)
- Abeka Curriculum
We are continuing to receive guidance from the CDC, TEA and all federal, state and local officials and will make adjustments in accordance with new developments provided. For additional information on CDC guidelines/minimum standards protocol for families, please review The Open Texas Checklist for Childcare Families.
Our regular health and hygiene practices provide a defense against the spread of contagious illnesses. In addition to health and safety measures in place, regular and thorough cleaning of classrooms, equipment and surfaces will occur daily. We will work to ensure that children and staff take important precautions while at school; against the spread of diseases/germs.
Additional information on our health and safety policies are available by sending an email
How can I register my child for school at Abbey Academy Daycare?
Registration payments can be completed online for both the Kindergarten program and the 3 months – PreK4 program by visiting our website at: www.abbeyacademy.org.
- For Kindergarten students, registration packets can be picked up from the building’s front lobby (6650 Rankin Road | Humble, TX 77396) beginning on Monday, August 3 – Friday, August 21 from 8am – 5pm. They can also be downloaded and printed from the website at: www.abbeyacademy.org
- For NEW 3 mos – PreK4 students, please call the school at 281-741-3693 to confirm classroom space availability for your child’s age group before completing your child’s registration payment on the Abbey Academy Daycare website.
Is a registration fee required for existing and new parents?
A: Yes, registration is required for both existing and new parents. The registration fee is $50 for 3 months – PreK4 students and $79 for Kindergarten (K5) students. Please note that registration secures your child’s space in a classroom for up to 30 days from the date of payment completion.
Will existing Abbey Academy Daycare parents be required to complete a student registration packet?
A: No, you will not if you have completed a student registration packet already. We do request that you provide us with any updates to your email address, mailing address, emergency contacts or phone numbers so we may update your child’s records.
I am a potential new parent to Abbey Academy Daycare. How will I know if there is classroom availability for my child’s age group?
A: Please call the school at 281-741-3693 or send an email to: email@example.com to inquire about availability for your child’s age group before completing a registration payment on the Abbey Academy Daycare website.
What will happen once I complete online registration for my child?
A: Within 1-2 business days, you will be contacted by a member of the Abbey Academy Daycare staff to confirm your child’s registration and discuss any updates prior to the school’s first day.
Will virtual learning be available for students?
A: No, virtual learning will not be available to students at this time. All of our classes will be conducted in person for the convenience of working parents and the best learning opportunity for our students.
What will be the operating hours at Abbey Academy Daycare?
A: For our 3 months – PreK4 childcare program, the school’s operating hours will be 6am – 6pm. For our Kindergarten program, the school’s hours will be from 8am – 3pm with aftercare offered from 3pm – 6pm.
Will the Kindergarten program offer a curriculum?
A: Yes. The Kindergarten program will utilize the ABEKA Curriculum, an award-winning Christian Education curriculum that utilizes advanced academic modules to ensure quality learning for students. The Kindergarten class and curriculum will be taught by a degreed and certified teacher with a passion for students and education.
How many students will the Kindergarten class allow?
A: Due to health and safety restrictions along with social distancing guidelines, the Kindergarten program will have a maximum capacity of 10 students per classroom.
HEALTH & SAFETY
What health and safety preparations are in place for the reopening of Abbey Academy Daycare?
A: Abbey Academy Daycare is carefully planning its reopening to help ensure the health and safety of all students and staff. During this time of preparation:
- The entire school building facility and campus is undergoing a series of professional sanitization and disinfectant efforts of all surfaces, equipment, classrooms and materials by a licensed commercial cleaning company leading to the reopening of all classrooms. Rigorous sanitization and disinfectant efforts will continue on a daily basis once the school reopens.
- All Teachers & Staff are completing mandatory Health and Safety Trainings to prepare to reopen classrooms safely for our students.
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be installed in each classroom, bathroom and open space for all staff and students to use.
What will be some of the school’s new health and safety procedures and features for classrooms?
A: We’re closely following guidance from the CDC and federal, state and local authorities as well as taking the necessary precautions to maintain a clean and healthy school environment. Along with our detailed hygiene, cleaning and sanitation protocols, some of the school’s new health and safety procedures and features will include the following:
- Temperature Checks and Health Screenings conducted and recorded daily for all staff and students upon arrival and departure. Any student or staff member with a temperature above 100.0 will not be permitted to enter the school.
- To ensure controlled building access measures in place, parents will be required to drop off and pick up students at the building’s front entrance and/or curbside each day. Parents or visitors will not be allowed inside of the classrooms, bathrooms, student common spaces or cafeteria.
- Our regular health and hygiene practices provide a defense against the spread of contagious illnesses. Students will be taught extended handwashing practices and allowed to participate in handwashing exercises throughout the day to help guard against the spread of diseases/germs.
- Wellness Checks will be conducted throughout the day, so that if we detect any potential sign of illness with your child, we can respond appropriately
What is Abbey Academy Daycare doing to implement social distancing at the school?
A: We have implemented multiple social distancing strategies by:
- Increasing the space between children in classrooms at tables, desks, during breakfast/lunch/snack times and during nap time.
- Reducing movement of children and staff throughout the school
- Avoiding mixing children in common spaces at the same time
- Restricting nonessential visitors and personnel at the school
What should I do if I think I, my child, or anyone else close to me has COVID-19?
A: If you believe that you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, please contact your primary care doctor, hospital or an urgent care clinic. Symptoms of the virus, according to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, can include the following: Fever/chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
Immediately contact Abbey Academy Daycare at the onset of symptoms or notification of exposure. Please do not bring your child to the school during this time. We are requiring that your child stay home from school for 14 days following the most recent exposure to any member of your household, or any other person in contact with your child, who has a confirmed case of COVID-19. Children will not be permitted to come back to the school until they have been tested for COVID-19 and received a negative report from a licensed primary care doctor, hospital or urgent care clinic.
Will my child be required to wear a face mask?
A: No. According to Texas Minimum Licensing Standards Health Protocol, children under the age of 10 will not be required to wear a face mask.
Will my child’s teacher be required to wear a face mask?
A: Yes. According to the Texas Minimum Licensing Standards Health Protocol, face coverings are required for any person over the age of 10; and all adults entering the building (all staff members must wear them when working with children).
What is the process if an Abbey Academy Daycare teacher or staff member believes they are sick from COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19?
A: Any Abbey Academy Daycare employee who experiences symptoms (Fever/chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, etc..) or have been directly exposed within a 14 day period to someone with a diagnosed case of the COVID-19 virus will be required to follow their internal staff emergency notification process and will not be allowed to return to the school for a period of 14 days and complete COVID-19 testing with a negative report from a licensed primary care doctor, hospital or urgent care clinic.